With busy schedules teachers often can’t find the time to find and apply for classroom grants. We understand how important grants are to funding the everyday operations of your classroom. To help save you some time in your busy schedule we’ve done the search for you. Here are 5 grants for you to apply for to help get additional funds for your classroom:
1. Fund for Teachers – Fund for Teachers enriches the personal and professional growth of teachers by recognizing and supporting them as they identify and pursue opportunities around the globe that will have the greatest impact on their practice, the academic lives of their students and on their school communities. Don’t wait on this one. The current application deadline is January 27th, 2012.
2. Keep Gym in School Grant – NFL Network is looking for those life-changing PE teachers leading the fight against childhood obesity. Do you know one? They will award the NFL Network PE Teacher of the Year a $10,000 stipend, a $10,000 school companion PE grant and a trip to the NFL Draft. The NFL Network PE Teacher of the Year will also act as a spokesperson for the program in 2012, both at Keep Gym in School events and with the media.
3. Sprint Local Community Grant – The Sprint Character Education Grant Program accepts applications for funding of character education programs promoting leadership, youth volunteerism, character education and school pride. Grants will fund the purchase of resource materials, supplies, teacher training and equipment that facilitates character education for K-12 students. The program is open to all US public schools (K-12) and US public school districts.
4. Lowe’s Toolbox for Education – Lowe’s has supported the communities we call home. At a time when schools and community groups are struggling to make ends meet, Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation recognizes that we must increase our focus on basic, one-time project needs. Increase parent involvement? Build stronger community spirit? Create a new school tradition? The ideas are endless. The current grant cycle ends February 17th, so get your applications in today!
5. Kids in Need Foundation – Kids In Need Teacher Grants provide K-12 educators with funding to provide innovative learning opportunities for their students. The Kids In Need Foundation helps to engage students in the learning process by supporting our most creative and important educational resource — our nation’s teachers.
These are just 5 of the hundreds of grant opportunities available for teachers and educators. We hope you find the right grant to apply for.