Get ready for the end of the school year with our newly created craft! This Memory Book craft is perfect for summarizing the entire school year for Elementary level students. All you’ll need is loose leaf paper, construction paper, glue, a stapler, scissors and markers from National School Supply!
With the loose leaf lined paper and construction paper, simply fold into a booklet, then have students decorate them and write their favorite memories from the year in them! Create an individual booklet for each student, plus make one for yourself and ask students to share a memory or something they learned this year with you!
Have questions or comments on our new Memory Book craft? Feel free to leave a comment below or write on our Facebook page!
Our second Get Caught Reading Lists for May is for 1st-5th Grade classrooms! Our list is comprised of new and popular best-sellers, all for students reading at 7-11 year old levels.
1. House of Secrets by Chris Columbus & Ned Vizzini – The first in a new fantasy series, this book revolves around three children whose once prosperous family lost everything and must now move into a very mysterious old house. Ideal for ages 8 and up.
2. Rump: The True Story of Rumplestiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff – Young Rump lives in a magical kingdom where he’s teased by the rest of the kids around him. His new found knack for spinning gold seems to promise things will turn around when the story takes off! Ages 8 and up.
3. On A Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein by Jennifer Berne & Vladimir Radunsky – A story about one of Einstein’s childhood experiences that inspires him to become the genius that we all now know. Ages 6-9.
4. Grumbles from the Forest: Fairy Tale Voices with a Twist by Jane Yolen, Rebecca Kai Dotlich & Matt Mahurin – A series of paired poems explain and argue over what classic fairy tales are really about! Ages 7 and up.
Have questions or comments? Are there books you think should be included on our list? Feel free to share below or comment on our Facebook page!
Reading is one of the most important activities for student development and May is the month to really promote it! To help you get your students reading, we’ve created a list of books for early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school reading levels. No matter what age or level students are at, encourage them to read this month, amp it up in your lesson plans, and share these books with them!
Early Childhood Books
1. Steam Train, Dream Train – This #1 New York Times Best Seller takes readers on a fantastical train ride through a dream world filled with characters, animals, landscapes that will open up the imaginations of young readers. Perfect for ages 4-6.
2. Ribbit! A group of frogs are surprised when a little pig unexpectedly shows up to their pond! Ideal for ages 3-7.
3. A Little Book of Sloth by Lucy Cooke – Add a non-fiction book to your reading list with this heartwarming story of a sloth orphanage in Costa Rica. This book includes the story of one particular sloth, as well as a variety of sloth facts. Ages 5 and up.
4. Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis – Timmy is the CEO of Total Failure, Inc. Travel with Timmy as he bumps his way to success, with a few snags, and comic villains along the way. Ages 8 and up.
Check back next week for our Elementary School Reading List!
Have any questions or comments? Feel free to call us at 800-669-7766 or visit our Facebook page!
With spring nearly here, we’d like to highlight our great selection of spring themed products for your classroom and school! The warmer weather is approaching, meaning both students and teachers are excited to get outside for break time and class learning as well.
1. The Sprout & Grow Window – Spring means the budding and growing of plants and flowers – the perfect time to start the plant section for your science class. This clear view growing receptacle allows students to plant seeds within it and watch them sprout up through the dirt and beyond! Each Sprout & Grow Window is ideal typically for 2-3 seeds. Find this product at National School Supply for just $14.29 each!
2. Perfect for gentle play out on the playground, Foam Volleyballs are just $2.51 from National School Furniture! These lightweight game balls are ideal for volleyball, as well as a variety of other playground games.
3. Spruce up your classroom for spring with our set of Spring Fun Pop-Outs for bulletin boards! This bulletin board decoration set will melt away those winter blues with fun spring colors and images! The whole 60-piece set is just $10.29 from National School Supply!
4. Speaking of sprucing up your classroom, a desktop organizer is the perfect way to do a little quick spring cleaning! Our Trio Desktop Organizers are the perfect solution! One of most popular products, these organizers are small enough to add to a desk without taking away space, but the efficient design allows for great document storage and organization. Choose from three different styles, starting at just $24.09 from National School Furniture!
5. Last but not least, our new set of spring-themed printables are perfect for early childhood and elementary classrooms! We’ve designed several new printables, including our Spring Color by Number printable, Easter Bunny Writing Activity, and our Spring Work Search!
Celebrate Spring in your classroom with the help of National School Supply and National School Furniture! If there are any spring products you’d like us to feature, or have questions or comments, please visit our Facebook page!
Looking to update your bulletin board during the winter months? Maybe you already have and are looking for another design? Look no further than our new craft – designed in full for your classroom!
The Winter-Themed Bulletin Board doubles as a new board for the classroom as well as an interactive craft for your students. As you work on the bulletin board layout, pass out a glove to each student – or have them make their own! Once they’ve designed and customized their glove, collect them and post to your new board!
Our new craft can be easily made out of several products from our website. Most of the craft is made out of basic construction paper – our full selection of construction paper can be found here. This board also features a winter-themed bulletin board trimmer, which can also be found on our website.
This simple craft will add an decorative element to your classroom, as well as get students working creatively!
Have questions or comments? Feel free to call us at 800-667-7766 or visit our Facebook page!